Further Secrets of Adulthood:
When it comes to human nature, paradoxes abound.
- Accept myself, and expect more from myself.
- I'm very like other people, and very different from other people. (This was one of my key insights about habit-change, in Better Than Before.)
- Use my time efficiently, yet also make time to play, to wander, to read at whim, to fail.
- Keep an empty shelf, and keep a junk drawer. (Want to see my empty shelf? Look here.)
- Work can be play, and play can be work.
- Think about myself so I can forget myself.
Do you find it harder to take yourself seriously, or not to take yourself too seriously?
Get monthly newsletter updates from Gretchen.
Dive into The Blog
More Posts For You
Find out if you’re an Upholder, Obliger, Questioner, or a Rebel.
The Four Tendencies explain why we act and why we don’t act. Our Tendency shapes every aspect of our behavior, so understanding your Tendency lets us make better decisions, meet deadlines, suffer less stress and burnout, and engage more effectively.