Update: A listener planned not just a Power Hour, not just a Power Day, but an entire Power Week.
Try This at Home: Plan a virtual move.
Happiness Hack: To get rid of a splinter, coat the skin with glue, then peel it off. I've also heard that duct tape works, too.
Deep Dive -- Advice About a College-Bound Child: In episode 122, I asked listeners for advice as I help Eliza go off to college in the fall. Listeners gave so many great suggestions -- covering everything from what to pack, to how often to call, to how to build new family traditions.
Here are the posts I mention from the Eyeliner Wings and Pretty Things blog:
- 10 things I wish I had known before moving into college
- Dorm shopping tips: 10 things NOT to buy for college.
Gretchen's Demerit: On Happier in Hollywood, Elizabeth and Sarah talked about how we all need a good professional photograph of ourselves. And although I know perfectly well that I need additional photographs for my redesigned website, I haven't done anything about it.
Elizabeth's Gold Star: Elizabeth gives herself a gold star for driving to Legoland and back. (As I write about in Happier at Home, Elizabeth and I share a real dislike of driving.)
- If you love great quotes, sign up for the free "Moment of Happiness" newsletter, and every day I'll send you a great quotation about happiness or human nature.
- If you want my one-pager on the Paradoxes of Happiness (I do love a great paradox), request it here.
- If you want to pre-order my book The Four Tendencies (and it’s a big help to me, if you do), go here.
If you want easy instructions about how to rate or review the podcast, look here. Remember, it really helps us if you do rate or review the podcast — it helps other listeners discover us.