Huge news! Elizabeth and her family got a dog! Here’s Nacho:
We’ll discuss Nacho again soon.
Reminder: in the United States, Daylight Saving Time is coming up on November 7, 2021. If you don’t sleep in for the “fall back” hour, you can wake up at the same time that you’ve been used to, and use that time to cultivate some healthy habit, like reading, exercising, or writing.
Very Special Episode: Apps Extravaganza
We asked listeners about the apps that helped them to become happier, healthier, more productive, and more creative. We got many excellent suggestions.
Apps related to photographs:
- GetSorted –”GetSorted makes cleaning up your photo library easy and fun”
- TinyBeans – “Find coolest ideas for things to do, eat, see and make with your kids”
- One Second Everyday – “This spellbinding app stitches second-long snippets from your life into a compelling, personal movie”
- Day One – “Focus on your writing with a layout that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.”
- Postagram and Inkcards – “Reach out to everyone you miss. Mail your iPhone, Instagram, and Facebook photos as beautiful photo postcards for only $2.” “Turn your photos into beautiful personalized photo cards for only $2.”
Apps related to habits:
- Habitica – “Habitica is a free habit and productivity app that treats your real life like a game.”
- Down Dog – “Down Dog provides a studio-like yoga experience in the comfort of your home.”
Apps related to productivity:
- Forest – “Forest is an app that helps you stay focused on the important things in life.”
- AnyList – “AnyList is the best way to create and share a grocery shopping list.”
Connecting with Others
- Reminders – “Reminders makes it easier than ever to remember the things you need to do.”
- Splitwise – “Splitwise is a free tool for friends and roommates to track bills and other shared expenses, so that everyone gets paid back.”
Apps that make life easier
- JustWatch – “The app makes its very easy to see what’s available across all the services you have access to.”
- Libby – “With over 800k app store reviews, Libby is used by millions of library patrons all over the world to enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from their public libraries.”
- Storygraph – “The StoryGraph helps you track your reading and choose your next book based on your mood and your favorite topics and themes.”
- Google Fitness – “Achieve your fitness goals through customised coaching and actionable tips based on your health and activity history.”
- Under Armor Map My Ride – “Own Every Ride. Get the UA MapMyRide mobile app to track rides and go further.”
- Dark Sky – “Dark Sky offers hyperlocal, down-to-the-minute forecasts that let you know exactly when the rain will start or stop, right where you’re standing.”
- Pokemon Go – “Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them.”
- Redecor – “Start a new creative hobby! Play with home decor styles, express your creativity and improve your design skills.”
- TimeHop – “Timehop helps you celebrate the best moments of the past with your friends.”
- Arro – “ARRO is a taxi app created to simplify everyday transport through innovative, easy-to-use tools for hailing and paying for taxi rides.”
- Rakuten – “The Rakuten cash back app (formerly Ebates) can save you money on your online shopping.”
- OpenTable – “Book and enjoy extraordinary dining experiences in over 52,000 restaurants worldwide with the OpenTable App.”
- Rover – “Rover is the #1 dog walking app, and the fastest way to book 30-minute walks with nearby dog walkers.”
I will be making a big announcement soon…stay tuned!
- We have terrific new merchandise! There are Four Tendencies mugs, stickers, and more. Buy something for yourself, put an item on your holiday wish list, or buy gifts for others.
What we’re reading
- Elizabeth: It’s Not All Diamonds and Rosé: The Inside Story of the Real Housewives from the People Who Lived It by Dave Quinn (Amazon, Bookshop)
- Gretchen: Cockeyed: A Memoir of Blindness by Ryan Knighton (Amazon, Bookshop) – Elizabeth mentioned that she and Sarah interviewed Ryan Knighton in episode 118 of Happier in Hollywood.